October 2017Dr. DeWeirdt nominated to the Chicago Dental Society Foundation(CDSF) Board of Directors!
Dr. DeWeirdt has been nominated to the CDSF Board of Directors with his 7 year term beginning January 2018.
He will serve on the Finance Comittee and endeavor to keep his mouth shut and avoid doing anything too stupid.
The Chicago Dental Society Foundation is the charitable arm of the Chicago Dental Society. The CDSF administers over $1 million in aid and support to local organizations to promote dental health.http://www.cds.org/member-center/cds-foundation
In 2007, CDS invested $1.5 million to establish the Chicago Dental Society Foundation. Its mission is to support access to care programs and dental education.
Since 2002, CDS and its philanthropic arm, Chicago Dental Society Foundation, have donated more than $1 million dollars to local clinics and programs that help people get the dental care they need.
Below is a list of those clinics and access to care programs that have received grants from CDS or the CDS Foundation. Some of the recent grantees from CDSF include:
- Access Community Health Network
- ADA Foundation for Hurricane Relief
- Advocate Health Care — Mobile Dental Program
- Alivio Medical Center
- American Red Cross for Hurricane Relief
- Chicago Dental Society Foundation
- Christina's Smile Children's Dental Clinic
- The Clopper Memorial Foundation
- College of DuPage — Dental Hygiene Program
- College of Lake County-Dental Hygiene Program
- Community Health (formerly St. Basil's)
- Community Nurse Health Association
- CURE Network (Remote Dental Clinic)
- Dental Lifeline Network Illinois (formerly IFDH — Donated Dental Service Program and Dental/Handicapped Housecalls Program)
August 16, 2017Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
Dr. DeWeirdt presented a lecture to the dental school faculty entitled, "Introduction to the Dental Operating Microscope." The lecture was well-received and no heckling, catcalls, or rotten fruit projectiles were noticed.
May 11, 2017
Baran Dental Lab, Chantilly, VA
Dr. DeWeirdt spoke to a group of dentists and laboratory technicians on the benefits of the dental operating microscope. Dr. DeWeirdt and Gigi took a side trip to Charlottesville, VA to visit his Uncle.
March 21, 2017
Wheaton Dental Society
Dr. DeWeirdt spoke to the Wheaton Dental Society. This was a great group and a lot of fun!
February 24, 2017
Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting
Dr. DeWeirdt lectured at the CDS Midwinter Meeting for the fifth time.
His lecture was well attended and received recognition from the American Dental Association.